Game Suggestions from the players

Lets start a thread for game improvements and new ideas, from the players.
Try to keep it organized and easy to read. NO text walls and try to structure your ideas. Think about game balance and what is needed to make it better, not just what would be cool.

Be polite. No endless arguments or flames. If a particular request/idea is popular enough, we can start a new thread and link the discussion. ty.

Please see the list below for request/ideas already either open or accepted by NG. Post to any existing, linked thread instead of bringing it up again here. ty.

All suggestions welcome. Let's help Nitro Games the game we want!

-kmb08753, Black Waters
Gang: Anonymous
IGN: kmb08753, Glory record, 7568

Comments

• kmb08753kmb08753 Posts: 101Member
    edited January 2015
    Hold 1

i can only edit posts for one hour. My hope was that i could edit this one post with a list of suggestions and ideas that have been brought up already and/or released that NG is adding it. To limit the eventual flood of, "this new Leader/troop would be awesome" posts. Maybe a mod can help,me when it is needed : )

like this,

Open Ideas and Suggestions

@tournaments  
    See <here> for tournament update info

@gangcontrol
    Add more officers and/or player control for leadership

@SupercoolnamedLeader
    everyone likes <this> for a new Leader.
    edited January 2015
    Here is a list of some ideas I have. I understand many of these will have varying degrees of difficulty to code and game balancing. Just my humble first thoughts.

Tournaments
    When are we getting them? Any insight as to what shape they will take?

Gang name and membership needs to be more apparent.
    It's fun to see my name and shield. Most important though is being able to see it while visiting. It's hard to know what gang you are attacking once you visit. It is leading to accidental member v member raids. I would also like to see my shield and gang name on the lighthouse, in the map.

AI pathing needs work. Troops will attack opposite side of buildings and walls than what they are facing. Causing them to walk clear around to hit another side. For towers, they will sometimes circle the tower to get to a particular spot before attacking, seadogs will walk up to the building before attacking. 

Upgradable Traps and Bombs
    Make traps better. Being able to upgrade traps and bombs will really set apart lower and higher level defenders. 

Gold is piling up, we need sometng to spend it on
    Too much gold, buildings are startng to take days. Maybe spells can cost gold. Help balance the cost of attack armies.

More troop types please.
    I am sure NG has something cooking. We need more variety. Im sure there are more combos, but I feel i have already seen the endgame armies. Also, Zepps and Cannons are not much help for the cost. Either cut the cost or make them upgradable to be relevant.

REPLAYS REPLAYS REPLAYS
    Attack replays and being able to share them in clan chat would be awesome. Replays are a great tactics learning tool.

Spells need to be more useful
    The spells don't help much. They need more punch. Maybe heals have a timed effect. Enrage needs to be longer and bombs/missles need to be able to take out a building(no the mansion though).

Larger attack groups
    Either larger groups or more active groups. I can fit 4 seadogs and 5 clubbers per grpup. But they take a long time to get to back areas of the maps. 6-8 club/dogs would be great. High level defenses shred anything you throw at them. We need a bit more.

Add/subtract troops from map icon
    We can add troops from the map, but we can't subtract them. I have fat fingers sometime, and a twitch. Also, when in the build menu, you can see the troops and queue break down, but cancelling any troop will cancel the top troop always first. So if I have seadogs then archers, then I want to cancel archers, I need to cancel all the dogs first.
    Also, if we could subtract troops from the tavern menu, that'd be cool.

More defense points
    After a few towers, we don't have much for traps. Maybe add 5-20 more points per mansion level. Lower levels get higher increases. Also, some are too expensive. The troop defender traps aren't worth it. Maybe drop them a bit.

Make tavern bigger on the map
    People are going to hate me for this. But it would be super fun to see my whole army standing around ready. Put a big yard onto them tavern image. Make it bigger to fit asthetics. Maybe like benches, maids walking around and rum kegs, big ones. : )

That what i got for now. Thank you again NG for a fun game.
    -kmb
  • NipNacksNipNacks Posts: 18Member
    Great Post!

Still it would be a great suggestion if NG could add a new notification settings where in you will know who applied for your gang because it sucks always checking the info of your gang just to know who applied. (Am i the only one)? 

sometimes when you dont notice it and the ones who applied eventually gets bored and moves on to another gang to apply in. 

-Nipnacks
  • ConquistadorConquistador Posts: 17Member
    I'm Ganna keep it nice & simple but editing our base could be better maybe an edit mode 

i play on an 6 plus not ipad so idk if it easier to move stuff around an iPad 
  • Ida (Nitro Games)Ida (Nitro Games) Posts: 262Community Manager Nitro Games
    edited January 2015
    I can only edit posts for one hour. My hope was that i could edit this one post with a list of suggestions and ideas that have been brought up already and/or released that NG is adding it. To limit the eventual flood of, "this new Leader/troop would be awesome" posts. Maybe a mod can help,me when it is needed : )

I'm gonna check out if I can ...edit the edit time! D Yeah, it might be slightly easier for us to pick the suggestions if they are each as their own topic under this sub-category.

Anyways, great suggestions! And right on time, since I'm updating a list for our very own NG-Henu!

Along with the theme of replays... Attacker and Defender names and gangs on the final report page would be good to see. 
    OH... A big one.... Ok two...

First, a way to see if someone is online/immune without loading a visit. Load times are high enough that going through 3-5 players can be taxing. This might make targetting players too easy. idk. 
    Immunes and onlines should definately be removed from the random attack pool.

Second. A way to GIVE GIFTS without visiting. Maybe a gift button next to the atk and visit buttons. You can still gift while visiting to place where you like, or it will put randomly on the beach. Again, visiting is time consuming. I might want to gift my whole gang, or someone in global.

Menu thing...

If i info someone from global, it jumps to a different menu tree. I need to exit out and go back to global. Same maybe with gang chat. Chats need to be more persistant. Maybe a second, seperate window, idk. But you need to look at a players info splash page and go back to chat directly. 

Chatting while visiting would also be great. I might want to look at someones base and offer advice or whatever. Or be in a gang conversation while visiting other bases, something you can do for a while. Again with gang/global chat having its own window. You can chat while doing things on main window/screen, like visiting or inspecting your upgrades.

Just my 2 cents.

• Matthieu (Nitro Games)Matthieu (Nitro Games) Posts: 12Developer Nitro Games
    No worries, we are reading your suggestion and I'll ask Henu to keep them safe somewhere :smile: 
  • Henu (Nitro Games)Henu (Nitro Games) Head of Design Posts: 15Developer Nitro Games
    All suggestions safe and sound. Thanks for these guys!

As mentioned in another thread, we are here to make the game YOU want to play so keep these coming!

Best,
    Henri
    Just trying to get the suggestion ball rolling. Im sure most of this in non-sense :)
  • Matthieu (Nitro Games)Matthieu (Nitro Games) Posts: 12Developer Nitro Games
    kmb08753 said:
    Just trying to get the suggestion ball rolling. Im sure most of this in non-sense :)
    It's Henu's job to understand non-sense, so we trust it works for him :wink:

Matthieu "Lurker"
  • JohnnyDeppJohnnyDepp Posts: 6Member
    hey guys i think mines damage is too much! i'm Suggesting consider this in the next update! and another that bother me it's when troops go forward by themself to a wrong location u shoud make we choose that they att automaticly or we tell them by clicking where they must go! :blush: 
    I mentioned it above I think, AI pathing seems to be off at times.

Seadogs will walk right up to towers, clubbers and dogs sometimes walking around it before attacking a certain point, not just the nearest. So, seadogs are in range of tower, but they continue to walk up to and around it before attacking.

Also, troops will take long routes around instead attacking forward. Tell clubbers to attack a wall, if there is an open wall somewhere, they may go all the way there and around, back to the other side of the targeted wall to attack it from the other side.

I dont know if I explained that well. 
    Gang messages Pls. We need a way to send a message to the whole gang. Like mail or something. 

You ou can only do so much management with a running chat.
  • BlackieBlackie Posts: 4Member
    An in game mail (at least between gang members) would be good for making sure people could know important things they missed while offline. Private messages? Some way to communicate with people not in global or gang chat would be nice. Could also make gifting and gifting back easier. 
  • Ida (Nitro Games)Ida (Nitro Games) Posts: 262Community Manager Nitro Games
    [ A little notice that there is a whole subcategory for the suggestions. :)

http://forums.nitrogames.com/categories/feature-suggestions

It will be easier to search for the suggestion if they are separated in to their own topics. :) ]

Yeah.... like a dummy i didnt see the category before I started this, planned on it sitting in general. Ill start new posts as separate threads.
  • DanutercisdDanutercisd Posts: 86Member
    We need to add cloud save to facebook or icloud
     Gang:TEDDYBOYS!!!  My role in the gang is to be officer, but i help recruit too. But i also help exploit glitchs to my gang(and report the too) If you want to join then look up my new post for more. or search 
    TEDDYBOYS!!!